Our client, Edwards Lifesciences, is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring.
Edwards Lifesciences is over 60 years established and employs in excess of 10,000 people worldwide. Annual revenues in 2018 were $3.7 billion and are expected to break $4 billion in 2019.
Due to the growth of the business, organically and through acquisition, introduction of new products, the need for increased capacity for existing products and the availability of talent, Edwards Lifesciences announced the establishment of manufacturing operations in the Mid-West of Ireland to service international markets.
Initially, the company has established a temporary manufacturing facility in Shannon which will employ approximately 90 people by the end of 2019 and 120-180 in 2020.
In addition, the company has purchased land and commenced construction of major greenfield plant in the National Technology Park in Limerick, which is expected to employ over 600 people. Employees and production will move to the new site early in 2021 with commercial production commencing late 2021.
The Company is very professional and innovative in its manufacturing operations. Edwards Lifesciences has a patient focussed culture, a genuine interest in their products and the benefits of their products to patients. They operate in a fast paced, dynamic and flexible environment which differentiates them from competitors.
GMB have been retained to recruit a Senior Quality Manager (Engineering) who will report to the Senior Director, Quality (Site Quality Lead) who is on secondment from the parent company in the USA for the start-up phase. This person will be the first Senior Quality Manager to be recruited in Ireland and will have the opportunity to play a key role in the start-up of the Quality Function and work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and other Senior Managers in Engineering and Operations to successfully achieve the start-up goals and objectives of this major new investment of $80 Million. This will include recruiting, leading, and developing Quality Management and Engineering staff.
An outline job specification is available and key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting several departments, business units and product lines
- Lean Six Sigma is an important focus and it will be important to be able to understand it and guide others in it.
- Leading the quality engineering team, carrying out product transfers, and managing quality for sustaining and non-conformance thereafter. CAPA and non-conformance are important experiences to have with the ability to train employees in these areas.
- Partnering with the Site Engineering Lead and the Manufacturing Engineering Lead are key partnerships outside of the quality function.
- Knowing the technical aspects of product transfers and process improvements.
- The ability to initially be hands-on and growing into the full leadership role as the organisation grows.
A key promotional opportunity is expected to arise in the early years of this appointment.
Latest announcement: Edwards Lifesciences to double investment at Limerick plant.
This is a unique opportunity to join the start-up leadership team of this major project and investment with one of the world’s leading specialist medical device companies and employers. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. Please send full career details, quoting position no. G19021 to Peter Garvey at email@example.com . Web: www.gmb.ie .
No information will be disclosed to our client without prior permission from applicants