Our client is a well-established multinational medical device manufacturing company based in the Mid-West of Ireland. As part of their continued growth, GMB has been retained to recruit a Senior Operations Manager.
As a member of the Site Leadership Team you will play a strategic role in enabling the company to continue its outstanding levels of performance and arm it to continue its growth into the future.
You will have the chance to lead one or more business units and develop a team of Operations Supervisors – ensuring high levels of performance and employee engagement. Your business acumen will be key to ensuring all key financial metrics and targets (including quality, cost and service) are achieved.
Interested candidates will be able to demonstrate they can;
- Set direction.Be an innovator who defines ways to create value and deliver on the company’s mission and strategic imperatives.
- Manage and drive performance. Implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
- Be a goal-oriented orchestrator. Effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing the right activities that lead to success.
- Develop talent. Be a growth-oriented manager who recruits and hires top-performing talent and prioritizes the development of their team members.
- Build networks.Make connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Communicate effectively.Interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
Candidates should have several years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment (Medical Device background desirable but not essential). He/She will have a degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent. The successful candidate will be;
- An excellent team player that can leverage the abilities of all personnel working within the business unit
- Competent in preparing business strategies and implementing action plans
- PC literate with strong knowledge of inventory systems, MRP and measurement tools
- A skilled presenter and communicator
- Challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, inventory management, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance.
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in and contribute to the continued success and growth of this multinational medical device company where you and your team will directly improve the quality of patient’s lives every single day. Please send your CV quoting position no. G19025 to David Garvey at email@example.com .
Web: www.gmb.ie No information will be disclosed to our client without prior permission from applicants.