We have been retained by our client, a well-established and expanding multinational medical device company to recruit a SENIOR DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS (SITE LEAD) responsible for providing leadership, direction, and focus to ensure operational performance excellence for one of the company’s largest/high growth and complex manufacturing facilities.
Key responsibilities include delivery of best-in-class products to customers with zero quality defects, on time delivery, and year on year productivity improvements, as well as other business growth, continuous improvement, leadership development and people management initiatives, to ensure the company’s continuation of its position as an industry leader.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Leads and develops a multi-function Plant leadership team, collaborating closely with matrix managers and enterprise leaders where appropriate to drive achievement of site safety, quality, on time delivery, revenue, cost improvement and engagement targets and initiatives.
- Drives performance and accountability; measure and monitor business performance, cost reduction programs and best in class, quality products and services to customers, leveraging KPIs/metrics.
- Participates in business development activities that develop/enhance customer relationships.
- Leads new product introduction activities for the site including business, technical, and business process oversight.
- Manages people and develops talent consistently, creates an environment and culture where everyone can contribute to their full potential.
- Develops annual financial plans to support continuous growth and cost management.
- Fosters a continuous improvement culture.
Candidates should have
- A degree in Operations Management, Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- Site leader / plant manager progressive leadership experience in a healthcare/regulated manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in talent management; track record of attracting and developing high performing managers and building team capability in complex environments.
- Strategic mindset; able to develop a vision and long-range plan for the facility while effectively driving execution.
- Proven track record of P&L management and delivering continuous improvement results by championing Lean manufacturing methodologies and building and engaging high performance teams.
- Capacity planning, supply chain and project management expertise.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the continued success of this growing, significant and key site. Please send full career details, quoting position no. G22023 to email@example.com or call David Garvey on +353 1 2867692 for an initial conversation. Information will not be disclosed to our client without prior permission.