Our client, NIBRT (National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training) is a world class Institute providing training and research solutions to the global biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector. Supported by IDA Ireland, the 6,500 M2 facility has 80 employees currently and houses fully operational pilot plants for biologics manufacturing as well as 9 research laboratories focused on manufacturing research for biopharmaceuticals. We have been retained to recruit an Operations Director.
Reporting to the CEO, as part of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Director has widespread duties in managing, directing and co-ordinating the engineering and facilities related activities in support of the Institute’s objectives.
These responsibilities include;
- Engineering Management. Ensures the NIBRT facility maintains a state of art infrastructure in support of leading edge and emerging manufacturing capability. Responsible for the master-planning, capacity and space planning needs of the Institute.
- Facilities Management. Management of the facility to ensure a high standard is maintained for the 4,000 + trainees per annum as well as the 80 personnel working in the facility. Ensure high availability of equipment in the pilot plants and research labs, with supporting utilities, as per the requirements of the Training and Research teams. Management of the reception, cleaning, cafeteria services, through external service providers.
- Facility Maintenance. Manage the maintenance team to ensure the facility is fully operational at all times, using best practice maintenance and calibration systems.
- Capital Management. Plan and deliver the facility’s capital programme with appropriate project management and reporting in place. Strategically plan the space management requirements of the Institute.
- IT. Manage the IT requirements of the Institute, including the third party external service provider. Co-ordinate the GDPR commitments for NIBRT.
- EHS. Manage all aspects of NIBRT’s environmental, health and safety programmes, ensuring compliance with all NIBRT’s legal responsibilities and licences.
- Other. Assist the leadership team in promoting and progressing the business objectives of the Institute by team participation in multiple business development projects.
The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant Engineering, Science or Biopharma related discipline, with substantial relevant industrial experience in Biopharma/Pharma. Further qualifications to MSc or MBA level a distinct advantage.
Ideally the successful candidate will have;
- Broad experience of Biopharma/Pharma engineering and manufacturing.
- Proven track record with facilities management and maintenance.
- Capital management experience ideally in both greenfield and facilities expansion projects.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience in tendering and contract management.
- Experience with systems integration.
- Understanding of EHS requirements and legislation.
- Track record in continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Be a team player with strong commercial aptitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of this global centre of excellence for training and research in bioprocessing which closely replicates a modern bioprocessing plant with state of the art equipment. Please send full career details, quoting position no. G18035 to email@example.com or telephone David Garvey on (01) 2867692 (Intl.+353 12867692) for an initial conversation.