Our client, based in Munster, Ireland is the world leader in development, manufacture and marketing of minimally invasive medical devices, providing effective alternatives to traditional surgery by reducing trauma, complexity and risk to the patient. GMB is retained to recruit a Human Resources Director who will provide HR leadership and direction at site level.
The HR Director supports execution of Human Capital Strategy by partnering with client group leaders, to deliver solutions aligned with department/function performance goals and business strategy.
- Provide HR leadership and team direction in competency development, succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, labour relations, employment law compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, change management and process improvement.
- Coach and consult with management on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Provide guidance and direction to client group(s) to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR colleagues regionally in driving change and leveraging size in the delivery of HR service within Ireland. Apply knowledge of key business drivers in making decisions related to human capital.
- Present, train and/or facilitate workforce development programs. Support communication on and utilization of performance management tools and processes, and compensation and rewards programs.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with client group leaders to enhance overall performance and build the overall human capital capability.
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice.
- Responsible for implementation of HR programs and employee engagement at site level. Sponsor site best practices and leverage across other sites/regions.
- Anticipate issues and resolve before any interruption of business results. Participate in site level senior business leaders’ team and may serve as member of the HR Regional Lead team.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance with Quality Policy and all processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Key Experience Required:
The HR Director will have significant experience as a strategic Generalist HR partner with proven experience of managing and implementing transformational cultural change programs. The individual will be a trusted advisor to the Senior Leadership Team and will be involved in the design and implementation of leadership development and talent development initiatives. Specifically, the HR Director will:
- Have a deep understanding of the business.
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Be able to influence business decisions.
- Be capable of providing sophisticated advice and coaching in response to business issues.
- Have experience and demonstrated success partnering with senior level executives and performing as part of a senior leadership team.
- Have experience balancing the broader HR agenda with transformational change and employee engagement.
- Have strong business partnering, communication, and strategic thinking skills.
- Have Experience in quality and thoughtful employee relations, performance management and management development.
- Have strong project management skills and an ability to think full cycle about work to be implemented.
- Have a change management orientation – understanding of key areas of communication and engagement.
- Be capable of analyzing data and recognizing trends and themes, and able to use experience to relate to the real environment.
- Be confident in stepping forward to confront difficult issue.
- Degree in HR or relevant discipline. Postgraduate qualification desirable.
- A significant amount of successful HR generalist experience and contribution
This is an excellent opportunity to participate in and contribute to the continued success of an established multinational company.
Please send full career details to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting position no. G20021. No information will be disclosed to our client without prior permission.