Our client, established over 60 years ago is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring.
Due to the growth of their business, introduction of new products, the need for increased capacity for existing products and the availability of talent, they announced the establishment of a green field manufacturing operation in the Mid-West of Ireland to service international markets. With an initial investment of $150 million employment will grow to 600 people.
The Company is very professional and innovative in its manufacturing operations, has a patient focussed culture, a genuine interest in their products and the benefits of their products to patients. They operate in a fast paced, dynamic and flexible environment which differentiates them from competitors.
GMB have been retained to recruit a Director Quality Engineering who will report to the Senior Director, Quality (Site Quality Lead). This person will be the first Director Quality Engineering to be recruited in Ireland and will have the opportunity to play a key role in the start-up of the Quality Function. He/she will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and with work with other Senior Managers in Engineering and Operations to successfully achieve the start-up goals and objectives of this major new investment of $80 Million. This will include recruiting, leading, and developing Quality Management and Engineering staff.
An outline job specification is available and key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting several departments, business units and product lines
- Lean Six Sigma is an important focus and it will be important to be able to understand it and guide others in it.
- Leading the quality engineering team, carrying out product transfers, and managing quality for sustaining and non-conformance thereafter. CAPA and non-conformance are important experiences to have with the ability to train employees in these areas.
- Partnering with the Site Engineering Lead and the Manufacturing Engineering Lead are key partnerships outside of the quality function.
- Knowing the technical aspects of product transfers and process improvements.
- The ability to initially be hands-on and growing into the full leadership role as the organisation grows.
This is a unique opportunity to join the start-up leadership team of this major project and investment with one of the world’s leading specialist medical device companies and employers. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. Please send full career details, quoting position no. G19021A to Peter Garvey at firstname.lastname@example.org . Web: www.gmb.ie .
No information will be disclosed to our client without prior permission from applicants