Our client, based in Munster, is an independent aviation solutions company, that provides support services to cargo, passenger, and defense customers around the world. Due to recent and future expansion of their business, an exceptional opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join their Senior Leadership Team as Chief People Officer (CPO).
Reporting to the CEO, the CPO will design and lead the execution of the people strategy to attract, develop and retain exceptional talent in line with the overall group strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of a high-performing organisation that ensures that organisational processes and culture are continuously developed to deliver growth.
Working as a Player-Coach and overseeing a team of five, the role will focus on optimizing people-centered activities, working across several European jurisdictions.
The CPO is tasked to:
- Develop and implement a strategic HR plan that supports the growth strategy.
- Lead the HR strategy across all locations ensuring the company continually attracts and develops people, to ensure plans are supported as the company achieves growth targets.
- Build, develop and shape the HR team, to execute solutions to support the business in line with current and future requirements.
- Proactively build relationships across the group, to promote and position HR as an essential business partner.
- Ensure people structures are in place to support the operation in meeting customers’ daily, weekly, and monthly deliverables. A thorough understanding of key business drivers across all revenue streams is required.
- Provide leadership in developing change management programs in the business when required.
- Analyze people-related data and industry trends to develop strategy and inform policy, specifically in relation to new ways of working.
- Build culture to improve employee engagement, teamwork, employee retention, innovation, learning and development, and talent acquisition.
- Facilitate and build both internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Lead change management efforts as they relate to our people.
- Continually educate the Senior Leadership Team on benefits of workforce investment and its direct impact on sustainable growth.
- Education equivalent to degree/masters’ level and/or CIPD qualification.
- Demonstrable record of partnering with a CEO to support driving the people agenda
- Must have an understanding and experience of the impact of organisation culture on performance and productivity, coupled with excellent leadership skills.
- Experienced in strategic planning and driving transformation projects.
- Proven experience of successfully partnering with Trade Unions.
- Proven track record of success in human resources and leading change, with a focus on organisation development and culture.
- Demonstrable leadership experience and an ability to demonstrate a proactive approach to business with a passion for continuous development and upskilling, to keep abreast of best practices and next practice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of key commercial levers in a people oriented, technical services business.
- Ideally, experience gained in a progressive, commercially focused organisation with a strong culture of performance, innovation, and delivery.
- Ability to travel between Ireland the UK initially, and possibly other jurisdictions as the company expands.
- Demonstrate team leadership ability and exceptional communication skills, coupled with the capacity to innovate, intuitively engage, and influence at all levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, coaching, influencing and consultative skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Requires proven business/commercial acumen with good strategic vision.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Senior Leadership team and contribute to the continued success of a growing independent aviation solutions company. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Please email full career details quoting position no. G20025 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No information will be disclosed to our client without prior permission.